Saturday, April 22, 2017

50 LETTERS!

22 April 2017


Rep. Dana Rohrabacher,
101 Main Street #380
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Dear Congressman,

Re: 50 Letters!

By my count, yesterday’s letter regarding health care was the fiftieth I have mailed out to you since January 24th of this year! By my calculation, that would be $24.50 in postage alone! I’m happy to support the United States Postal Service, but that’s a lot of money. Well, by the standards of the ordinary citizen. I’m sure that you, as a US Congressman, enjoy the privileges of free postage, or at least a substantially reduced rate.

Which reminds me: I have not had a single response from you. Not a real one. True, I have had four boilerplate responses via email—but three of them were identical, sent out on the same day, probably the same hour. A computer glitch? So, really, two responses, but both boilerplate. My own letters, I can promise you, are individually thought out, written and printed before sending. It would be nice, one day, to receive a similar courtesy from you. Hand signed? How about it?

But then, of course, I do realize you are a busy man, and that your mail box must be full each day. Let alone your email box. I hope that much of the correspondence you receive is in line with mine; that is, to remind you that there are many voters out here in California’s 48th Congressional District whose earnest wish is for a representative more inclined meet with them, listen to their dissent, and take their views into account when voting.

You could, anyway, wish me a happy 50th!

Respectfully,


Peter Clothier, Ph.D.



No comments:

Post a Comment

SPEAK OUT!

June 9, 2018 Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, 101 Main Street #380 Huntington Beach, CA 92648 Dear Congressman, You may be surprise...