Wednesday, September 6, 2017

TO STAFF MEMBERS

Someone asked the other day if I thought that the Congressman ever reads these letters that I send. Or whether they get passed around the office? Or simply trashed? I nurse no illusions about my letters having any practical result in terms of Rohrabacher's opinions or voting practices; I'm content to reach a wider readership via this blog and social media. Still, I admit to being curious about what happens to these near-daily letters, so I wrote to ask:

6 September, 2017

Staff Members
Office of Rep. Dana Rohrabacher
101 Main Street, #380
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Dear Staff Members,

I’m curious. Would someone in the office be kind enough to let me know what happens to the near-daily letters I write to my Congressman? Someone must surely have noticed them? I have now sent nearly 140 of them since January of this year, all politely and personally written, hand-signed, and hand-addressed. Are they read by anyone on staff? Are any of them, ever, read by the Congressman? Or are they simply filed in the trash bin as soon as they arrive?

As I say, I’m curious. I nurse no illusions. And the letters serve a purpose anyway, since they are all published on my blog, The Rohrabacher Letters, which has a growing readership and is fed by links from various social media. They also appear frequently on the “Indivisible OC 48” site on Facebook.

True, my letters are written in opposition to the Congressman’s political positions, and to those of his Republican colleagues, and to the president. Still, I’m curious to know if the Congressman listens to, or values, opposing points of view?

I am a Laguna Beach resident and therefore a voting member of the Congressman’s district, though my office is in Los Angeles. The courtesy of a response is requested to the above address, where I shall be in residence for the next couple of weeks.

Wishing you the very best,


Peter Clothier, Ph.D.


I'll let you know if I hear back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPEAK OUT!

June 9, 2018 Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, 101 Main Street #380 Huntington Beach, CA 92648 Dear Congressman, You may be surprise...