Tuesday, October 24, 2017

IMPEACH!





October 24, 2017


Rep. Dana Rohrabacher,
101 Main Street #380
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Dear Congressman,

Re: The “I” word

That’s it. I have come down on the side of impeachment. Trump’s latest stomach-churning feud with the widow of a soldier killed in action is the straw that broke this particular camel’s back, so far is it beneath the dignity of an American president.

I have resisted the call for impeachment for some time, thinking it to be an impractical distraction. But it’s clear to me now that we have in the White House a man who is so dangerously rash and malinformed, so tone deaf to the citizens of his country and the world, so consumed by his own interests and indifferent to those of others, so lacking in basic civility and concern for the future of this country, let alone the world, that we need to remove him from the office of grave responsibility that he holds. Having divided our citizenry, alienated most of the other countries in the world and brought us to the real possibility of nuclear war, he is, quite simply and by now very obviously unfit for that office.

No legal expert nor American historian, I am unfamiliar with the grounds and process of impeachment. I do know—as I believe most other Americans know in both heart and mind, that this man should not be empowered, as he is, to inflict infinite damage on all of humanity. At this point, it is patently clear.

I call upon you, my representative, to support the motion for impeachment that is currently on the floor of the house.

Respectfully,



Peter Clothier, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPEAK OUT!

June 9, 2018 Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, 101 Main Street #380 Huntington Beach, CA 92648 Dear Congressman, You may be surprise...