Thursday, November 23, 2017

THANKSGIVING

November 23, 2017
Thanksgiving Day

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher,
101 Main Street #380
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Dear Congressman,

Re: Thanksgiving

I expect that you, like me, have much to be grateful for at this Thanksgiving time: family, most of all, and friends; the good fortune to be without financial worries; good health, for my age; and relative security—and I say “relative” in the (Buddhist!) knowledge that this could all be taken away at a moment’s notice.

It’s a different matter, though, on the public and political front. I’m appalled by the tax bill that you and your colleagues are trying to rush through Congress. I’m appalled by the fact that it might even be approved. I’m appalled, as I have often told you, by the seeming absence of conscience and compassion on your side of the aisle. I’m appalled by the apparently real possibility of a known child molester being elected to the US Senate. I’m continually appalled by a “president” whose ignorance is equaled only by his arrogance, whose truculence insults every value Americans used to hold dear, whose attention span is limited to the length of a Tweet, and whose personal behavior is more appropriate to the nursery than the most powerful office in the world. And I’m appalled that, even knowing that he is incompetent, unstable, and a danger to his country and the world, Republicans persist in supporting him.

In short, it saddens me no end to find so little to be thankful for outside the narrow realm of my own life. I wish you a Thanksgiving filled with joy, but also with time for genuine reflection on the needs and wishes of your constituency.

Respectfully,


Peter Clothier, Ph.D.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SPEAK OUT!

June 9, 2018 Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, 101 Main Street #380 Huntington Beach, CA 92648 Dear Congressman, You may be surprise...