Monday, July 3, 2017

A HAPPY FOURTH


3 July, 2017


Rep. Dana Rohrabacher,
101 Main Street #380
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Dear Congressman,

May I wish you an early Happy Fourth? A birthday is always a good time for gratitude and celebration, and today we have much to be grateful for despite the difficult times in which we find ourselves.

Most of what I’m grateful for, I have to say, has to do with the immediate circumstances of my life: my wife and family, our friends, the good fortune we enjoy with all life’s benefits that come our way. Like you, we live in a part of the world where material suffering is minimal and abundance is everywhere around us. We here in Southern California are indeed amongst the most privileged people in the world.

Let’s keep a place in our hearts, then, as we celebrate our freedom and good fortune, for those less fortunate—in our own midst, and throughout this troubled world; and commit to the notion that our good fortune is something we are given to share, not hoard for ourselves.

That is my Buddhist thought for the day. I trust that you may return to your work in Congress with this spirit kept in heart and mind.

Respectfully,



Peter Clothier, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPEAK OUT!

June 9, 2018 Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, 101 Main Street #380 Huntington Beach, CA 92648 Dear Congressman, You may be surprise...