Wednesday, July 5, 2017

BACK TO WORK?

5 July, 2017


Rep. Dana Rohrabacher,
101 Main Street #380
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Dear Congressman,

Re: Back to work?

I hope you enjoyed a pleasant Fourth. We here in Laguna Beach had a spectacular display of fireworks, and my wife and I are fortunate to have front row seats from our balcony. Quite a treat!

Time for you to get back to work, I’m guessing, with the ill-fated Republican health care bill and tax reform as your primary concerns. For the former, I’m hoping that the now loud and unambiguous voice of the American people will be heard, even in tone-deaf Congress. Unhappily, I’m aware that the voices of the moneyed and the corporate interests speak louder there than the voices of those of us who lack the power of money. But who knows, maybe we, the People, are shouting loud enough to be heard this time?

As for tax reform, it’s the same thing. Money speaks for money, money goes to money. The prospect of tax “reform” along the lines of the great, failed Kansas experiment is all too real. As your constituent, if you wish to listen to a billionaire, I ask that you pay heed to the voice of Warren Buffet rather than that of Donald Trump. And I’m sure you know what that means. (Hint: It means, "Do no harm.")

I have a special edition of my “Rohrabacher Letters” coming up next. I hope to get to it tomorrow.

Respectfully,



Peter Clothier, Ph.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SPEAK OUT!

June 9, 2018 Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, 101 Main Street #380 Huntington Beach, CA 92648 Dear Congressman, You may be surprise...